Barn Light Australia is unaffected by the COVID-19 Pandemic.
As announced by the Victorian State Government on the 7th of July 2020 – Metropolitan Melbourne will return to Stage #3 “Stay at Home”.
This notice replaces the prior COVID-19 advisory published in March earlier this year.
We’ve anticipating another round of anxious communication from concerned customers regarding our manufacturing ability.
Our manufacturing processes have proven to be unaffected by the COVID-19 Pandemic due to our Australian Made Lighting manufacturing focus.
Our manufacturing business model shows that;
- 95% of our manufacturing is processed within Australia.
- Components (parts only) that are foreign-sourced are already well stocked, and do not require replenishment until December 2020.
- Our staff live within the defined Melbourne Metropolitan Areas (Barn Light is based in City of Casey, Staff reside between Yarra Ranges & Cardinia Council).
- Our suppliers are predominately small businesses with small work-forces in close proximity to Hallam (Specifically Dandenong North & Clayton South).
- We use Australia Post/eParcel which allows us to offload orders directly to their premises where necessary.
Genuine Concerns from management
As we operate on a “first come, first served” basis, current orders have resulted in slightly longer lead-times due to a shortfall in production from our up-stream suppliers.
Our typical lead-time is 10-14 business days, most products arrive prior to 10 business days. In the coming weeks we’ll be updating these lead-times to properly reflect our expected delivery dates for all products. All US-Origin products have been delayed indefinitely, our website currently shows US-Origin stock statements, these will be removed over the coming six weeks.
Orders made prior to this announcement are completely unaffected and production has commenced as usual.
Until further notice – Our Factory will not be accommodating customer, designer, or related tradepersons at the premises.