From December 1st, 2019 – The New Zealand Inland Revenue Service & The New Zealand Customs Services will implement a 15% GST on “Low Value Goods” imported into New Zealand.
What this means to our Kiwi Cousins
We’ve added a 15% Tax on all products heading to New Zealand to ensure any orders placed after this time will be fully compliant with the New Zealand Customs Service’s GST collection requirements.
- All orders placed will receive a 15% surcharge to accommodate the new GST increase.
- Freight to New Zealand (via eParcel/NZ Post/Australia Post) will be charged at a set fee of AU$115 ($100 + 15% GST) which is an increase of 15% over our flat rate of $100.
- All packages will be marked as “DDP” – This stands for “Delivered Duty Paid” – We’ll make the required payments on your behalf, using the funds that were paid to us (by you).
- Parcels shipped from Barn Light Australia will be delivered as if no duty was otherwise payable. This means packages arrive faster and usually without needing to make a payment to customs/your carrier.
What’s the technical changes?
- Our standard “SDoC” (Electrical Supplier Declaration of Conformity) document will be emailed and copied to the first parcel sent to you. You will be required to present this to Customs should the Original be misplaced in transit. This is a required document in conjunction with the safety requirements of the New Zealand “Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010”
- For electrical tradespersons including electrical wholesalers – If you require confirmation of ERAC/ESSS Registration –