The following terms apply to our Warranty Statement:
Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) is an Australia Commonwealth Law (ACL) previously known as the Trade Practices Act 1974.
The full legal document is available from the ComLaw Website: http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/C2011C00003
Express / Voluntary Warranty means any undertaking, assertion or representation relating to the quality or condition of goods or services, the availability of servicing or parts for the goods or services, the availability of matching goods, which may induce a person into acquiring the goods or services.
Porcelain Enamel means a pressed steel shade with a extremely high quality vitreous enamel porcelain glaze. Goods are marked as being manufactured with Porcelain Enamel on the individual Good’s product page.
Powder Coat means an extremely durable electrostatic finish achieved by coating aluminium with electrically charged paint powder that is then baked and fused to the metal surface. Goods are marked as being manufactured with Powdercoat on the individual Good’s product page.
Statutory Rights means an individual’s legal rights, given to an individual by the Australian Federal Government. Barn Light Australia provides an additional layer of warranty, which separate to your statutory rights provisioned by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) law. Our additional product warranty is henceforth considered an ‘Express / Voluntary Warranty’ made for and between you, the customer and Barn Light Australia.
To the extent permitted by law, Barn Light Australia
- limits its obligations and liability for the repair, replacement or refund of the purchase price of any goods to its obligations under the Act;
- is not liable for any contingent, consequential or punitive damages arising in way whatsoever in relation to the use of any goods; and
- is not liable for any claim, loss or expense incurred by any person resulting from the delivery, non-delivery or return of any goods.
Barn Light Australia provides the following Voluntary Warranty which applies only to Goods purchased directly from Barn Light Australia Pty Ltd or via our website: https://www.barnlight.com.au.
Barn Light Australia does not sell “white-labelled” goods through intermediaries such as lighting stores, retailers or electrical suppliers.
Due to the nature of online shopping, customers should be fully aware of the following limitations of our voluntary warranty statement. Goods may differ from those pictured on the website due to the following natural variations (primarily) in the:
- Good’s colour & finish.
- scale of the Good, specifically the dimensions/ratios of pictured Good.
- Good’s mounting & accessories, specifically the default product options/selection.
Goods sold by Barn Light Australia are warranted for
Three (3) years from the date of purchase; where the,
- Good is utilised in a residential setting (House / Home / Unit).
- Good is installed in the correct Location Rating as certified.
- Good is powder-coated in Dulux Electro Powder coat or wet-sprayed (2K/2-Pack)
- shade is constructed from Porcelain Enamel (discontinued).
Two (2) years from the date of purchase; where,
- the Good is used in a commercial settings (Restaurant / Public Space / High-Traffic)
- any component of the Good is powder-coated in anything but Dulux Electro powder coat or WS975-Galvanised wet-sprayed (Acrylic/1K/1-Pack)
- Where any item of the product is situated within 200m from a coastal environment.
Twelve (12) months from the date of purchase;
- Where none of the above conditions are applicable.
- Where special order items are required – This can extend to rewiring, heat-lamps, custom projects (excluding colour variations), rubber cable, high temperature bulbs, and consumables (such as T5/T8 Tubes, E27 bulbs), and US imports.
If you do not understand these Warranty terms or if you have any questions, please contact us via email at [email protected], a representative will be happy to assist you.