the Real Returns Policy without the Jargon.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you’ve purchased.
Firstly – We’re all human, mistakes happen, and we’ve all purchased the wrong thing in the past.
Secondly – We’re here to help. Over the past eight years, I’ve committed to a few dozen refunds due to our generous policy of “Buy One – Return It – Full Refund” and sending samples out.
We don’t advertise this policy because it costs… a lot… of money.Our Accountant(s).
We’re not in the business of being dishonest and for that reason we’ve NEVER had a credit-card charge-back initiated against the company. We don’t pay for reviews – We’re also not fools.
We don’t manufacture our lighting overseas, we test our lighting against Australian/New Zealand standards, and we use quality materials.
If you’ve received something that you believe is sub-standard, and for any reason
Call the Managing Director: Jesse-Lee on 0499 635 473.
There are times when processes fail us, should that be a gooseneck that’s slightly wonky to one side, or a glaringly obvious black spec of powdercoat that has caught your eye – Call me, I’ll rectify the problem to the best of my ability.
Pro-Tip: Don’t start the phone call on the defence , we’re here to help without the legal eagles.
All that said – Thank you for supporting our family-owned business, and I hope that we can further support yours.
the Returns Policy with the Jargon.
1) Phone (03) 8743 5500 OR email us ([email protected]) to request a return.
2) Once a return is approved via voice or email, please post back to the address listed further down the page.
You can return unwanted & unused items by post within 180 calendar days of receipt of your goods.
A few things you should know. In order to initiate a return for a FULL refund;
- The product return request must be initiated within the 180 calendar timeline.
- The product must be unused/never installed by an electrician or had wires cut/crimped/marked
- The product must arrive back at Barn Light Australia in perfect condition (as it was sent out).
- The product value must not exceed $1,500 for a cash refund.
- The product value must not exceed $2,500 for a credit towards different product.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from us (and not resellers) are eligible for return.
- Commercial orders are non-returnable.
- Orders that are not part of our “Most Popular Colour” range will incur a 20% Restocking Fee
(We can’t usually easily recycle these parts into production pieces)
Ship your item back to Us
Keep this in mind: If we do not approve the return, and you opt to return the goods at your discretion, and for whatever reason – No refund will be made.
Please ensure your packages are insured as we are not liable if the product is damaged in transit.
The return address for all parcels:
BARN LIGHT AUSTRALIA PTY LTDBarn Light Australia Return Address
7 FIBRE PLACE,
CARRUM DOWNS, VIC 3201
EMAIL: [email protected] (TRACKING ADVICE)
PHONE: 0499 635 473 (TRACKING ADVICE).
the Returns Policy
1. DECLARATION / WE UNDERSTAND
Barn Light Australia is committed to excellence in online retailing. Customer satisfaction is an integral part of this commitment and this is reflected in our Returns Policy. We are not required to provide you with a copy of your original receipt to facilitate an exchange, refund, insurance or warranty claim unless required by law.
Barn Light Australia will assess the condition and age of all Goods sold to be returned prior to offering a repair, exchange or refund. If the Goods are not faulty or has been damaged due to misuse, a repair, exchange or refund may be refused. This Return Policy does not exclude or replace your rights given under relevant consumer law or regulations.
If we make a mistake on your order, we will correct the mistake and get you the correct products at no charge to you. We will arrange to pick up the incorrect items to be shipped back to our warehouse at no cost to you. It is our goal to exceed your expectations and ultimately your purchase.
2. CHANGE OF MIND
If you have simply changed your mind and you are able to provide a valid receipt, Barn Light Australia may offer you an exchange or refund provided that the Goods:
(a) Is in saleable condition
(b) Has not been installed with all original packaging and stickers attached
(c) Is not subject to the exclusions listed below and exchange or refund is sought within 180 days of purchase
If you are unable to provide a valid receipt and/or 180 (one-hundred and eighty) days has passed since the original purchase date, Barn Light Australia reserves the right not to offer an exchange or refund for change of mind. Barn Light Australia may, at its discretion, provide you with an exchange to the current value of the Goods.
Please choose carefully when purchasing Bulky Goods as an exchange or refund may not be provided. Barn Light Australia may, at its discretion, offer you an exchange or refund provided that the product is in saleable condition, unworn with all original packaging and stickers attached and the exchange or refund is sought within 180 (one-hundred and eighty) days of purchase.
4. GIFT OR BONUS WITH PURCHASE
Where Goods were purchased with a gift certificate or bonus Good, the gift certificate or bonus good must also be returned unless otherwise stated. If you are unable to return the gift or bonus or it is not in saleable condition, the value of a refund will be reduced by the value of the gift or bonus at retail prices.
5. BONUS GIFT CARD WITH PURCHASE
Where a bonus Gift certificate is issued at the time of purchase, the bonus Gift certificate credit must also be returned with the Goods to qualify for a full exchange or refund. Where the bonus Gift certificate has been fully or partially redeemed, the amount redeemed will be deducted from any refund.
6. GIFT CERTIFICATES
A Gift certificate is considered a valid receipt where the code is visible and can be used to make an exchange or return.
This policy applies to all purchases made from Barn Light Australia.
You will need to present or quote the Order Confirmation number (Emailed) and/or Gift certificate receipt number you received with the Goods to obtain an exchange or refund. Change of mind returns, as outlined above, must be requested within 180 (one-hundred and eighty) days of the sale. When the Order Confirmation number is presented and a refund is to be given, it will be processed to the same credit card. In the event the credit-card has expired, we will require additional details depending on the preferred refund method requested.
With Gift certificates, if a refund is to be given, the payment will be returned to the same credit card used to make the original Gift certificate purchase (for the avoidance of doubt, only the person who purchased the gift certificate is eligible for a full refund)
8. PRIVACY WHEN MAKING A RETURN
Barn Light Australia is committed to protecting your privacy. You may be asked to email photo identification so that we can record your name and verify your signature. Acceptable identification must also include your full name with a future expiry date. For example, Australian Driver’s Licence or Passport. Please note, when returning Goods totalling $1,000 or more and requesting a Tax Adjustment Note, your name, address and ABN (if applicable) will be required. Information collected will be securely stored for a reasonable period of time. It may be used for fraud protection activities and for the purpose of Barn Light Australia research and analysis. It may be disclosed to state and territory departments upon request, as required by law.
If you wish to access a copy of your information held by Barn Light Australia, in relation to returns or otherwise, please contact our sales staff on (03) 8743 5500 or via [email protected] for further information.
The following rules apply to all orders:
- A RMA (Return Goods Authorisation) Number must be completed within 180 (one-hundred and eight) days of despatch of the product.
- Returns must be received by Barn Light Australia within 180 (one-hundred and eighty) days of the issued RMA date. Returns will incur a 20% restocking fee.
- Shipping charges will not be refunded, where product is “shipped free of charge / free shipping” the cost of “Call for Return” will be extracted from the total price. You may opt to return the package at your own cost for a full refund.
- Goods are be in saleable condition (clause 2a)
- Goods have not been installed with all original packaging and sticker attached (clause 2b)
- Is not subject to the exclusions listed (clause 3)
- The customer is responsible for ensuring the return shipment has paid insurance meeting or exceeding the original order value.
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping charges where “Call for Return” is refused.
- Refunds will be issued upon inspection of the Goods and after Goods are placed back into inventory. Refunds are typically processed within five (5) business days
10. NON RETURNABLE ITEMS
The following list is considered a continuation of Exclusions (clause 3)
- Installed or altered merchandise are not eligible for return or refund
- Damaged Goods will not be refunded.
- Clearance, End-of-Line, Discounted or Customised Items are not eligible for return.
- International Orders will not be refunded.
- Commercial Orders will not be refunded.
Barn Light Australia endeavours to ship Goods within seven to fourteen business days from receipt of payment, for this reason payments made via Credit-Card typically arrive sooner than direct-deposit payments
Orders placed with Barn Light Australia will receive no penalty provided order has not yet been shipped, and;
- An email was received AND/OR phone call/voice-mail is left within twenty-four (24) hours of ordering.
- In the event of order placement after Friday 5pm or during the weekend, within (36) hours from ordering.
- There is reasonable and justifiable cause to demonstrate why the penalty should not apply.
i.e. The customer mistakenly added additional units from a prior shopping session mistakenly. We are human!
In the event that the order has already been shipped, the customer is responsible for:
- The completion of an RGA (Return Goods Authorisation)
- The cost of returning shipment to Barn Light Australia.
- the cost of shipment insurance meeting or exceeding the original order value.
12. HOW DO I RETURN GOODS
Barn Light Australia offers an chain-of-confirmation/helpdesk portal, available 365 days per year.
In order to submit a return to this portal, please follow the following steps.
- Send an email using our Contact Form
- Fill out the information available on that page.
- Enter “Return Request” into “Your Message” field and provide the ORD# or INV- number located on your order. We’ll cross reference this value with the customer contact information
- In the event that this data does not match – We will call the customer whose ORD or INV number matches to verify that you/r agents are acting on behalf of.
- If the ORD# or INV- Number matches, we’ll send a confirmation email to you to include in the returned parcels.
- Mail the packages back to use noting the ORD# or INV Number clearly (we can’t refund what we can’t identify)
Once you are ready to return the Goods;
- Affix the original invoice to the box/parcel, close to the new shipping label.
- When shipping the box/parcel ensure that
- (a) The Goods are packaged securely, and where possible, with the original packaging material.
- (b) Full insurance is reflected within the shipping cost.
- (c) A Tracking number is made available as part of the shipment.
- Ship the box/parcel to the following Address:
Barn Light Australia Pty Ltd
7 FIBRE PLACE,
CARRUM DOWNS, VIC 3201
- Email [email protected] the tracking number for our reference.
- Please wait until we have received your box/parcel for a response, please refer to Returns (clause 9) for further information.